Motorola Bolt Support
Connected Mode Features
Offline Mode Features
Return, Warranty And Other Coverage Info
PLEASE NOTE: Please be sure to hide this card along with the backup keys in a very safe and private location. DO NOT STORE THE REGISTRATION CARD OR BACK UP KEYS INSIDE YOUR SAFE.
The Motorola Smart Safe has a sophisticated tamper detection system that reacts to motion, free-fall, shock, vibration and three-axis tilting. By default, the tamper detection system is factory set to OFF.
The tamper detection system can be toggled between ON and OFF as follows: with the door open, press and hold the “0” key for 5 seconds until the safe beeps, then release the “0” key. The tamper detection system will toggle between ON and OFF with each use of this sequence. You can also use the web portal to toggle the tamper detection on/off.
- With the door open, press and hold the “ENT” key until the unit beeps.
- Enter a 4-8 digit access code on the keypad then press the “ENT” key. The unit will beep and the “Status” LED will flash yellow three times and then turn solid yellow.
- Re-enter the same access code again and then press “ENT” key to confirm the new user access code.
If the combination is accepted, the Motorola Smart Safe will beep and the “Status” LED will flash green three times. Otherwise, the LED will flash red three times and you must repeat steps 1 through 3.
A Wi-Fi connection will ease the registration process and offer the most security. Initially, the Safe uses your Wi-Fi network and the smartphone app to automate registration, activate the warranty and configure the product. The Motorola Smart Safe app on your smartphone receives real-time security alerts, medication reminders and maintenance alerts. A Wi-Fi connection also allows the smart safe to receive remote open commands from the owner, other authorized users or customer service.
Without a Wi-Fi connection, you can still use your smart safe in offline mode (not recommended). You will still be able to see the LEDs and hear the audible alerts, but you will not be able to use any smartphone features.
The Flex requires four (4) new Alkaline AA batteries(not included).
- Do NOT use or place rechargeable batteries in the battery compartment.
- Do NOT mix old and new batteries.
- Do NOT mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable batteries.
The smart safe goes to “sleep/low power mode” for a number of reasons. “Sleeping” means the safe is not connected to the internet (though it is still actively sensing various types of events and remains fully armed!). Here are the main reasons the smart safe goes to “sleep”:
- Physical Security – This is intended to ensure that someone is physically in front of the Motorola Smart Safe to “wake it up” during a remote open and it is not accidentally opened without a designated person being present to retrieve, store or audit the contents.
- Network Security – By only opening an internet connection for a short period of time, the smart safe minimizes external network threats.
- Conserve Energy – By only awakening to send events or when being used, the smart safe conserves energy.
To add a user, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Motorola Smart Safe app.
- From the main screen, select “Access Settings”.
- Enter the email address of the user you want to add.
- Choose the specific units you want the new user to have access to.
- Follow any remaining on-screen instructions.
(always try this first)
Restarts device. Keeps all settings including the latest firmware version installed.
- Open the smart safe door, remove the battery cover for 5 seconds, reinstall/close the battery cover.
(try this if the Soft Reset does not work)
Soft Reset plus erases all of the stored Wi-Fi settings only. Keeps the latest firmware version installed.
- Open the smart safe door, remove the battery cover for 5 seconds, press and hold down the “CLR” key on the keypad, reinstall/close the battery cover while continuing to hold the “CLR” key. Once the battery cover is firmly closed and you hear the lock motor churn, release the “CLR” key, and you will hear the motor churn again and the LEDs will begin to light up.
(try this if the hard reset does not work)
Hard Reset plus resets the Wi-Fi Router and Modem. Keeps the latest firmware version installed.
- Perform a Hard Reset (as described above) and then,
- Cycle the power “off” and “on” for both your modem and wireless router according to the manufacturer’s instructions. In almost all cases, this is simply just unplugging, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging back in your equipment. In some cases, you may have just one device that is a combined modem & wireless router, and in this case, you only need to reset (unplugging, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging back in) that single device.
[Note: A locked keypad means that when any key is pressed, none of the LED lights on the keypad turn on and the device appears to have dead batteries]
For security reasons, entering a wrong passcode 3 times in a row will result in a timed lockout of the keypad. Wait five (5) minutes and try again. A user can also use the back-up key at any time to open the unit, and if needed, then reset the user passcode following the user access code reset instructions.
There are several options:
If the owner has the registration card that was shipped in the retail package, that person can verify ownership of the unit by providing the security registration number and serial number on the registration card to customer support 1-800-485-8904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once ownership has been verified, you may either:
- Ask for a new code to be programmed over the phone, have a new code sent via text to the mobile number on file or sent via email to the owner’s email address on file.
- If the safe is connected to the internet (it has a solid blue Wi-Fi LED on the safe keypad when awake), customer support can send a remote open command to open your smart safe. From there, a user may reset their user access code following the standard procedure.
- Ask customer support to mail a replacement backup key for a nominal fee.
The serial number of the unit can be found in three (3) places:
- It is printed on the Motorola Smart Safe Registration Card.
- It is on the bottom of your smart safe retail packaging box.
- It is on the FCC/Legal sticker on the back of the unit.
If the Motorola Smart Safe App is open on your smartphone, you will not get system notifications (alerts and reminders), but the notifications will still always appear in the app.
If the App is closed on your smartphone, and you are not getting system notifications (alerts and reminders), you need to open the Motorola Smart Safe App in “Settings” on your smartphone and ensure that “Allow Notifications” is on.
If either solution above does not work, delete the Motorola Smart Safe App on your smartphone and reinstall it directly from either the App Store or on Google Play. When installing, if prompted, make sure to click “YES” to allow push notifications.
- Remotely unlock your Motorola Smart Safe to grant access while away.
- Receive real-time alerts, notifications, and reminders.
- Manage your smart safe from the convenience of your smartphone.
- Track and monitor medication usage and adherence.
- Keep an eye on your smart safe’s battery life and be notified when it is time to replace.
- Share access to your personal smart safe and send alerts to others you authorize.
- Create a calendar of custom, user-defined reminders.
- Download new features firmware updates.
- Quickly access customer support.
- Three Ultra-Bright LED Icons
- Ultra-Loud Piezo Siren
- Water-Resistant Digital Keypad
- Humidity-Resistant Interior Compartment
- Backup Key Access
If purchased from smartsafe.com, customers have 30 days from the date of purchase to request a refund. Customers are responsible for covering the cost of return shipping. Once we receive your returned product(s) and proof of purchase, you will be refunded the full amount of the returned device(s) to the original payment source used.
If purchased from a retailer or other channel, customers must follow the return policy of the entity from which the unit was purchased.